Sunday, March 01, 2009

NDPT #2 in the books...

Well tonight's poker tournament was a bit "light" on turnout. We did manage to rally beyond a couple of cancellations and put together 12 players for the night. But it gave the game some very cool action and interaction. Uncle June and I ended up chopping the pot after we fought back and forth for a while heads up. When we went heads up... there was no way he could offer up the choppy chop, since he was a dominant chip stack. But there were two hands the he doubled me up and we got close. When it got that way I mentioned the chop saying that we could be a while and the cash game looked inviting. We agreed... The lovely and talented Julie M made a respectable showing finishing 3rd on the night with some good solid play.

The cash game was a lot of fun too. Jenny was schooling the boys on how the game was to be played. Del and I tangled on some hellish pots that just happened to fall my way. Had the roles been reversed I would've been in there too.

Last night at the Yanoks was not so profitable. The big hand for me of the night was my Pocket Kings meeting up against the small blind's Pocket Aces. But I'll make that move all night long, and for the most part the cowboys'll hold up!

I've had some bad news hit me... and although I'm not directly involved it still hurts just the same. If you're reading and you know you are... know that my thoughts are with you, BOTH. I'm not happy about it all, and you always wish things turned out better, but life has its little curveballs. I wish you happiness. I think that's prolly the most I can muster up.

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: