Friday, March 27, 2009

That was refreshing...NOT!


Despite my high level of optimism and promises of playing by the numbers and the formula for online poker which has always worked for me in the past... I dropped another 4 buyins in my last Bodog session. I should be tilted. You'd think I was during the session, but wasn't. I did however take some notes about the catastrophe that was. During the session of a few hundred hands. I ran pocket Kings preflop, all-in into pocket Aces. One buyin down... Less than a full round later at another table, I look down at said pocket Aces myself and rama-jama those bad boys into pocket Queens only to have the villain, hit another Queen... 'nother buyin down. Hell, he even apologized for that one. I think he was feeling my pain, from watching at the other table. "Dude yer runnin' bad!" Another couple of hands I failed to connect to my flush, open-ended straight draw combos, and that chipped away at me. Also a couple of AK hands bit me in the ass when the callers with Ace-rag, hit the same Ace I did on the flop, but pounded me when their rag hit the river. Runnin' bad indeed!

But, it is what it is. There's little you can do, there's nothing I could have done to change. I could whine and cry, and lick the wounds, but in the end. It's just like I said in my last post. I've just gotta get back out there, and just do it all over again. Nevermind the fact that I'm grinding across the same dollar amounts which I did a few months ago. Still amazed at how slow it is to grind out poker winnings, but just how fast the losses brutalize the bankroll. It's a little like working your ass off to trim a few seconds of your running pace, and getting in shape, ONLY to to be involved in an accident that causes you to lose a leg! Kind of a grisly analogy, but think about it, you've felt it haven't you. Pleez.... tell me you have, somebody, anybody. : )

But I'll attach the poker prosthetic and head back out soon enough. Likely won't be tonight, as Big Red and I and several friends are going to a Credit Union banquet/meeting. In the morning at OMG 9:00am I have baseball practice for my 9 and 10 year olds. That early, on a Saturday, oh you just know the little #*%$'s will be running for sure! But we'll all survive it. Rain could cancel the whole affair though, I'll be out tonight doing my lil rain dance. Dancing with the Stars, it ain't!

Beyond that, tomorrow night is NDPT #3 (regardless what Frank said in his email subject line) and it is being hosted by Frank and Julie at their house. Now, if I make final table on this one, then maybe I should really re-think my poker focus. Since the cash games are killing me lately while the tournaments have gone VERY well. I won the December game at my house. Chopped w/ Uncle June in January, Scored in BOTH of the Yanok tourneys that I last attended, and then made the final table at the Eagles, although I didn't cashout, because I didn't play it safe running my AJ in Vince's QQ. I didn't lose though, as I had picked up plenty of Bounty chips. So, my tournament life has been good. But the thought of multi- SNG'ing it online on Bodog, makes me throw up in my mouth a little. I really used to like this poker thing. That would likely ruin it forever for me.

But only time will tell, and months down the line I'll be back on top of the variance curve mocking those who ever doubted including myself. So the best advice I can give myself is: turn that frown upside down, tell all your troubles to your ole buddy Jack Daniels and have a nice day cheer_dad! That'll make it ALL better.

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: