Saturday, March 21, 2009

Bubble Boy

I am the Bubble Boy! Fear me! Yeah, I came up a bit short in last night's tournament at the Eagles. I opted to continue being aggressive even before the bubble, thinking I had a shot a winning the thing. : ) Blinds were 200/400 when from early position (6 handed) I shove with AJos, for a total of 2,200. Vince looks me up with with this pocket Queens. Oops... exit cheer_dad. But it wasn't a complete loss, as I had won back my buy-in with Bounty chips. No harm no foul. Great turnout of 28 players. I'm sure the Eagles was happy with the added food and alcohol sales for the night. Damn guys, ya buncha lushes! Anyway, Sam took down the top spot, followed by Chad and then Vince rounded out the top three. Congratulations guys. It was a long hard fought game, and I enjoyed every minute of it. 'cept that part when I lost. Of course, I had it coming having earlier in the game dashed Shuman's hopes when I sucked out on his pocket Kings. You're right, "THAT, was bad!"

Today, I've been busy. Cole had a State Bowling tournament. Team event. Cole bowled 100, 101, and 119, in that order. Great for his 74 average. The team might actually place in this thing. Then, it was off to basketball, for our final game. It was a loss, but it brought the season to an end. Onward to baseball on Monday night.

Now, Big Red's family just got here and they've broken out the cards! There's a big game going on downstairs. Gotta GO!

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: