Friday, March 20, 2009

I've been here before...


This same sad little stretch of road. But it's not a road, it's the same dollars and cents area of my bankroll. I feel as though I've won and lost the same tattered and torn bucks several times at this particular level. I dropped those same 2 buyins I dropped back on the 10th, when I was whining about poker last. I had climbed up, and was nearly breaking on through to the other side until last night's session. I got a boat sunk when the villain flipped over his quads. Whilst on the other table I get it all-in good and another villain hits his 3-outer on the river. In both cases they instantly left the table. Hit 'n Run baby! No, I'm not saying it was rigged. It just happens that way sometimes. And "sometimes" it happens too damned often! Sigh... and back to the old drawing board. Maybe when I grind out a few wins to get those buyins back, I'll get it in "new money" instead of those old moldy dollars!

One final thought... errrr question... Why is it that when I win at poker, it is slow and steady grind, and it inches upward, BUT when I lose at poker it's a few buyins gone? What I mean is, playing at my typical .10/.25 nlhe tables, I'll play for a couple of hours, multitabling and incrementally increase the stack, generally shy of a buyin. Yet, generally speaking when I lose it's in the realm of a buyin or two? Feels like... grind, grind, grind, SPLAT, grind, grind, grind... I know, I know, "shut up cheer_dad and git back in yer hole!"

That is all...

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: