Friday, September 26, 2008

F-I-V-E H-U-N-D-R-E-D-T-H P-O-S-T!!!

Well kids with this post, I hit a bit of a milestone here at the NDPT Blog. This is the 500th post that has been recorded here for posterity for all the world to read and hopefully at least once or twice actually enjoy. Way back at the end of March of 2006 I first launched this blog and managed to muster up about 83 posts that year. The following year however I really put a lot more effort into the thing and today I'm very nearly posting every day. During the WSOP and other times too, I post even more frequently than that. My subject matter hasn't always been poker-centric, I'm sure you've noticed but it's been more about my life in general; which just happens to include a lot of poker. = )

I've made a lot of friends, and probably a few enemies as a result of this blog (and my mouth in general) but all-in-all I TRULY enjoy writing this blog. I've long joked that it's my therapy, that it helps me in a way that has nothing to do with whether or not anyone is actually reading it. But my site stats do show that there are at least a few of you out there that have taken a liking to the place and you keep coming back. I certainly appreciate it! I hope that you've enjoyed reading about my antics and those of my fellow N Debtors. They are ALL a great bunch of people, who I welcome into my home quite often. And among them are some VERY TOUGH players. The skill level since 2004 when a few of us started getting together to play dealer's choice games for nickles and dimes, has improved by leaps and bounds. Our poker education has continued... and our friendships have grown. I read back through some of the posts out here from time to time and recall a lot of great events that I've spent together with all of you. I want to thank you all for sharing your time (and money) with me, but seriously I've forged many great/lifelong friendships as a result of the group that we play with.

In closing, I want to thank you all... friends, family that I play with, and even to those who have just wandered through and ended up at this particular point of the blogosphere. Whatever "event" has caused our paths to have crossed and am indeed thankful of it. It's been a great 500 blog posts... I hope you all come back and check out the next 500 and beyond, as well.

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: