Monday, September 29, 2008

Fly me to the moon...

My Monday off has been relatively uneventful. I dragged myself out of bed earlier than usual and did my 30 minute treadmill run to start the day off right. My knee is continuing to give me fits though. I bought a new pair of shoes yesterday hoping that the old ones were just at the end of their life, and were the source of my pain. It's too early to make the decision, but we shall see. It's usually the way it goes... I finally get off my backside and start trying to get in shape again and I'm met with an oddball injury to stall my plans and allow the motivation to wane. Not this time. So far I'm continuing to gut it out.

I caught up on some of my blog reading and of course as you can see writing a little of my own. I caught up on a bit of the status from the WSOP-Europe, where we find Daniel Negreanu on top of the heap after Day 1b. It appears that only a total of 362 players came to play this European version of the WSOP(E)'s Main Event. Check out Kid Poker's blog report of his experience thus far at http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-journal.php?subaction=showfull&id=1222654251&archive=

Speaking of the WSOPE... I'm not opposed to another poker tournament, but I'm still not sold on the idea of calling anything a "World Series" of anything where it 'isn't' really. Major League Baseball's World Series is a great event to see every year, but it is NOT a world event. It's still a U.S. of A only event, no offense. And how about the Miss Universe Pageant... I haven't exactly seen any "off-worlders" showing up for that one. Those events aside though, I think the name becomes watered down a bit when you have a World Series of Poker and the turn around with another World Series of Poker Europe. Obviously neither is aptly named. I haven't exactly seen a shortage however of "foreigners" in either event though. : ) Perhaps years from now there will be a WSOP on every continent, each played down to their respective final tables to ultimately crown it's winner a.k.a "world champion." When finally the 7th and final series is over yielding us 7 world champions, we can rocket them all off to the moon for final table of truly galactic proportions! Wonder if I can use frequent flier miles to attend? Clearly my mind wanders with too much time on my hands.

Hope all of you are having a great day. I know I am. The time to pick up my son from school approaches so I bid you farewell.

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: