Saturday, September 13, 2008

Winner winner chicken dinner...

After a marathon length football game, in which the first quarter of play took a whopping 50 minutes to play, the South Patriots emerged victorious over Springarn with 48 - 28 showing on the scoreboard. GO SOUTH! It was a very long game, and the score doesn't make it look like the blowout that it was either, South had put in their 2nd string when they were up 48 - 0! Springarn made 28 unanswered points. I joked with John and Julie through most of the game, that it felt like we were there forever, because time did seem to stand still. Still another one in the W column is never a bad thing.

After that I dropped Whitney off at home and Teresa and I headed over to the Yanok's for poker game #2 of the night. Despite a rough start, which found me staring down at a total of like 70 chips I rebounded and managed to eek out a 3rd place finish, plus hording 3 All-In chips a.k.a victims! Teresa was unfortunately the bubble girl, but despite no cashout, she does get some points for the End of the Year Extravaganza.

I came home after that and drunkenly donked off a dollar whilst playing the Bodog el cheapo SNG's. I played five of them. The dollar lost was the entry fee/rake. I think I was falling asleep and even had a disconnect during the timeframe I was playing. Note to self, if you're going to do that stuff late, at least be capable of keeping your eyes open. Friggin' idiot.

Got up this morning and took Cole to bowling. He would do better if he'd just listen to Matt. But Cole is stubborn and flightly at times, but that too will pass given time. I'm heading off to the store now to do some of the grocery shopping, and Teresa is still off doing the whole tennis tourney thing.

Don't forget tomorrow at 2:00pm registration begins for NDPT #13 at the Eagles. 3:00pm the cards are in the air, with or without you. In other words be on time! I'm looking forward to it and hope to see you all or (y'all) there!

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: