Friday, September 12, 2008

Sleepy


Sleepy koala
Originally uploaded by ati_gratisis
Today, this is me. A bit too much libation at the ole club last night. Drowning the sorrows as it were. Then returning home and stupidly firing up Bodog and 3 el cheapo SNG's. I cashed in all three of them. I now have the Bodog account up to over $180, but true to my promise, I'm still waiting until I hit $250 before bumping it up any higher. And if I drop to $200, I have to move right back down. How's that for a bankroll strategy. I know, it's laughable. But hey it keeps me playing the game that we all love to hate.

So, since I was up till the wee hours I'm sleepy. I'm working on the second pot of coffee of the day, and struggling. I have 2 hours and 15 minutes left before my day is done, so I'm doing whatever it takes to stay alert.

I'm afraid tonight's going to be a damp night for South Football. Whitney and the girls are going to be none too happy cheering in the rain. Oh and speaking of Whitney, she and I have absolutely SLAVED over her Geometry this week to get her ready for today's test, which he has last period. I'm really pulling for her on this one, she could use a morale booster in that class. Even if the numbers don't add up her way though, it's not for lack of trying. She put forth her absolute best effort this week for me and whatever the turnout I can honestly say she tried her best. Good luck little blond girl!

Cole is enjoying school this year. He has a teacher this year that Whitney had and they both absolutely love her! So far he hasn't been bogged down by homework and he's really taking a renewed interest in reading, judging from the number of library books that he's hauling home on a regular basis.

Tonight after the football game, Big Red and I are heading over to Yanok's for the second poker tourney of the night. Then, in the morning Cole has bowling at 10:00am.

We round out the weekend's activities on Sunday with NDPT #13 being held at the Eagles again. I'm really curious to see this game play out. I didn't get to go to the first one, but everyone I've talked to said that the whole thing was a big success, in large part because of all of JR's hard work.

Hope all is well with each of you, and have a nice weekend. I'll probably run in to a number of you anyway.

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: