Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Money


Money
Originally uploaded by TW Collins
Just as I said the Mid Career Retirement Planning was today and offered MANY revelations about my finances and those of others. Honestly, I'm in pretty good shape. (Go figure) I guess diversifying in something other than online poker was a good move after all! Granted I'm taking the proverbial beating in the market right now, but then again who isn't except for those pussies sticking to the friggin' "G" Fund investment strategy. Take your Savings Account pittance and be happy with the mediocrity. I'm riding the market wave. Don't get scared and sell now that's definitely a formula for additional loss. There are a few changes I want to make, but nothing incredibly earth-shattering. I want to add an additional percent to the TSP by the end of the year, which will get me close to the IRS $15,500 cap. Then, watching that cap closely in the future I'll continue to push it up higher until I've maxxed it out again. I think I got a year behind on that effort at some point. The change to the bottom line is too much to pass up.

Anyway, I'm learning that some folks are doing very little in the way of saving and planning. Some had no earthly idea... Bad news for me is that I will have to ride out workin' for Uncle Sam until I hit 60 years old. Oddly, that doesn't sound so far away. I'm eligible to leave prior but to maximize my cashout options, I'm going to stay for the long haul.

Anyway all, it's late, I'm tired and class is in session again tomorrow. The picture brings to mind one last Pink Floyd lyric:

"Money, it's a hit...
Don't give me that do goodie good bullshit!!!"

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: