Friday, September 19, 2008

TGIF, and ready for the weekend

It's been a long slow day, but it is "finally" winding its way to a close. I came in late because Teresa wasn't feeling well and I had to take Cole to school. I actually enjoyed the extra catnap of sleep that the delay afforded me. : ) But the delay has made me stay here at work later than normal. A bunch of us are headed up to the Marietta Brewing Company after work to knock back a few cold ones with some appetizers. I know there's a beer sampler in the not so distant future for me.

We went out last night to the Eagles and actually some really cool news. Julie had her name drawn!!! She was the last name drawn and it wasn't a $1,000 draw but hey $500 is nothing to sneeze at either. And not 20 seconds after she ran up to lay claim to the prize, DJ called the tip number of the rip-offs and she won that $100 too!!! She's hot right now. Remember she just took down the top spot on Sunday's NDPT Tournament. Not to be left behind my wife, the other half of the Red Snappers was hitting payouts on the rip offs and cashing out on the slot machines too. You go have fun at the machines baby, I'll be content to sit here and have another beer at the bar! I'll never get in the way of one of her streaks.

I have to get up early in the morning for Whitney's Choir Fundraiser that starts at 9:00. I have to drive the girls around and let 'em do the door to door thing. Then, later that evening it's NDPT #14 night. Attendance will be light, but there will be a game. Never fear. I'll certainly be sure to stay out of the way of Julie and Teresa. That's mojo I don't want any part of!

And with that... my day here is done.

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: