Monday, September 15, 2008

Red Snappers Are Back


Fashionable Red Snapper
Originally uploaded by JordanH
NDPT #13 was yesterday at the Eagles. We had a total of 26 people. Not our largest crowd but still nothing to scoff at. We drank lotsa beer, and ate some food too, not to mention the bucks that were thrown into the slot machines. Once again we probably tripled their business on a Sunday afternoon. They still seem pleased with the turnout. And I think so are we. I don't have the full stats for the day, since I lost interest when I was busted out. I did look up to see that the Red Snappers (Julie and Teresa) were in charge at the final table. In the end they locked it up, going heads up against each other, until finally Julie wrapped it up and took down the top spot. Congratulations ladies! I'm sure Frank would agree with my sentiment when I say, at least if we can't win our wives can! NDPT #14, don't forget will be held at my house this coming Saturday September 20th. The cards will be in the air at 7:00pm. Hope to see you all there.

I felt bad and still do about running Nikki all the way over to the Eagles, without realizing that JR was already leaving. Sorry I wasted your time and about the confusion. But on the bright side... I did get my hug. And I was able to confirm that you were still alive. Hang in there, you'll get through your schooling... and we're all pulling for you.

I may have also got JJ in some hot water with the Mrs. I guess maybe he and I did tarry on for quite a while after the card game and continue to drown our sorrows. I ended up driving us home in his van... And this morning we got a call saying that he wasn't feeling so good and that he couldn't take all the kids to school this morning. But Julie pitched in there and got the job done. Sorry John, but I'm sure it won't be the last time I get you in trouble. I mean, what're friends for anyway. Me, how did I feel? Well I was able to sleep off any ill effects that might have been lingering, as this was my AWS day.

My tournament life was ended yesterday early on, when I began to find myself on a short stack, and start to make some moves. A few of them were working, no one was willing to put so much in play, preflop with me. Until our tables big stack decided his hand was a monster. His A-8os vs my A-Jos, and he called the $170 preflop. The board spiked his 8 and I was left to wonder "why me..." But I'm glad to see some others get involved in this game, especially with "skill" like that! : )

That is information I can use. In addition to some questionable plays, I saw lots of obscure and weak telling betting patterns, that told you what people were holding as easy as if they were turning their cards face up. If you can make it through the treacherous waters of the dreaded river... there is money to be made in a crew like that. And the "Beer Delivery Guy" should always be in the cash game. Wow, that was a loose game.

Anyway that's all I've got for now, have a good day folks.

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: