Friday, September 05, 2008

Realization

What lies beyond? One door leads to the next... and to the next. Sometimes the rooms and corridors which fall between there lie hidden pitfalls and threats. More often than not the spaces between hold nothing, but the void, where we're left alone with only our thoughts and fears. Left to my own devices I can conjure up many a horrific thing. Seldom are my fears realized.

I don't know what all of that is about... I liked the picture, that's the direction my thoughts went. I have observed that things are seldom as bad as they appear. I've accepted that everywhere in my life and it affords me a degree of freedom. My confidence however fails me when it comes to matters of (now brace yourself) my poker play.

I'm given to over-analysis and self doubt and I become my own worst opponent, as opposed to the guy (or girl) at the other end of the table. I've slowly been realizing this, or better yet admitting it. I need to foster this development to advance my game. But at the same time I want to keep the game in perspective. It's a game... it's not livelihood.

See what a lack of sleep does to your humble servant, I get all introspective and such.

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: