Saturday, April 22, 2006

Cards by candlelight

Last night I hosted my regular tournament. I thought I'd dealt with every possible scenario... and thought of everything. I've been doing this for quite a while now, and pride myself on being able to handle just about anything that comes up. Well, I'd never planned for this one. Just as we got ready to deal the first hand (I'd just started the timer on the laptop) the power goes OUT! At 7:00pm there's still a little light to see by so I'm not panicked yet...there's plenty of time. Well a few minutes pass, and still nothing, and yes it was out in the whole neighborhood. I told the guys they'd better let me win...so I could pay the electric bill from now on. They didn't listen. So, I start rounding up the candles and flashlights, break out the manual timer and away we go. Things moved a little slower, but I refused to lengthen blinds, and didn't account for any light related delays, and pushed forward. Long story short, the power didn't come back on until 5 minutes AFTER the last hand was dealt! Winners were paid, and a few of us were cleaning up a little, and then the world has light once again. 16 die hard players got together last night and played a game that I'm sure none of them will soon forget. Thanks all for coming and putting up with the inconvenience. Hope you all still had a good time. See you all next time...maybe we should hold an annual Candlelight Game. Okay maybe that is a bit of a stretch.

Oh and congrats Andy on the Big Win. And Scott for suffering the Bad Beat and pocketing the Jackpot. And the Bounty was on JJ, and hmmmmm Andy took that too!

And sorry Laura, I didn't come into work after all. :)
Will you ever forgive me?

We leave for Vegas in ONE WEEK!!!!!!!!

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: