Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Like I said.

It's just like I said. Bodog failed to be kind to me yesterday. Monday's just aren't really my day for poker. Maybe there's a LESSON in there. I just couldn't get anything to come together yesterday day or evening, after I got back from Charleston. I saw all too few monster hands, which kept me from surviving through to even the top 4, which is where I usually land in these SNG's. I'm still up, so I can't complain. One or two top finishes in a couple SNG's and I'm right back to where I was. BUT, it was just nice to have felt like I was cruising through the competition. Variance has definitely reared its ugly head. Or I've developed a gaping hole in my game.
In other notes, my daughter will need surgery. to remove a branchial cleft cyst. To give you an idea of what she's dealing with, I point you to the following links. ***Warning, graphic surgical content*** http://www.ghorayeb.com/BranchialCleft.html and here's another showing a girl's pictures before/after/etc having the procedure. http://www.vorona.net/photos/surgery-04.2002/index.htm. Remarkably, these congenital cysts have been present since embryonic development. As I understand they are remnant tissue which should have been absorbed/involuted during fetal development, but the tissue remained and formed the basis of the cyst. Puberty has triggered additional development of the mass, and it will contine to grow, so it must be removed. I had to get in to the whole explanation to my daughter that this tissue was remnant and related to what in fish and amphibians would ultimately become gills. "So...I'm a fish?!" was her classic reply. My mother-in-law, prefered "The Little Mermaid." We've all had a good laugh over that, which helps to lighten her mood. At present the cyst, isn't huge, and is only noticeable if you're really looking. So, no it is not currently disfiguring my otherwise beautiful daughter. She is self-conscious of it, and is concerned about the surgical procedure. Admittedly, as the doctor said, the neck is a touchy area to work on, but he's done several of them over the years. He comes highly recommended, so I'm a bit more relaxed.
Back at work today...ugggghhhh! I think the cafeteria coffee could have walked up here on its own this morning, WOW!
Don't know if I'll take a shot at Bodog or Poker in general tonight. I don't have coaching duties this evening for the baseball team, so it is possible that some time will "free" itself up for that purpose. I might need to pay attention to the Titan account, which I still have a bonus requirement to fulfill yet. We'll see though.
I have 25 days 00 hours 30 minutes to go for my Las Vegas Trip!!! WAHOO!

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: