Thursday, April 13, 2006

You know how everyone always says...

You know how everyone always says that they hate playing pocket rockets, because they "always" get beat on 'em? That it's always bad...suckout city? How it can be an exciting hand, but a little scary? Everyone's got a BAD BEAT story to go along with the infamous pair of ACES. Well, let's give credit to them for once. Last night on Pokerroom.com, I took down a big pot...hey it was big to me. I get rockets, in middle position last night playing at a .25 cent blinds NL table (initial buy-in max of $25.) So the pot is .40 cents to the guy under the gun, who for some reason decides to push "ALL-IN" preflop! He has $11.00...I'm shaking my head in disbelief, and just know that he's gonna make a crappy set or something, but then again, scared money can't win, so I call him. The table folds around, and then stops on another guy who takes an ETERNITY to decide. With seconds left to an automatic fold for him...he TOO goes ALL-IN, for just a few cents more! I'm stumped, knowing that it's coming the suckout to trump all suckouts. Then the cards start coming out, with absolute garbage, high card jack, no straight or flush possibilities. Nothing, nada, zilch out there. Then, their cards roll over. NEITHER OF THEM EVEN HAD A PAIR. Only one of 'em even had suited cards. The guy who initially went all in had A-9 of diamonds. I don't have a clue what the other guy even had now, I just remember being baffled at why he would even think to call this down! ANYWAY, I took down about a $33.00 pot right there. Honestly, I had merely planned to put in the hands, to accumulate the points for the chip promotion that I'm doing through PSO. This was like having your cake and eating it too! At that level the rake is only .25 cents!

So next time, you're out there bashing rockets...remember this story. It is a monster, it will from time to time burn you, but it can hold the key to a monster payout as well!

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: