Monday, April 17, 2006

Once more...back to Charleston

We will be leaving shortly to take Whitney back to Charleston, this time for her blood work. Surgery still is on schedule for the 26th. Of course since we've got free time, I think she and the wife will be dragging me on over to the mall. UGGGGHH! Are you sure I can't take the laptop and find a Wi-Fi connection? Spent the day yesterday at Mom and Dad's for Easter. Good turnout of people. We did the Easter Egg Hunt, which dad always has more than enough candy for. He also had the Treasure Hunt ready for everyone, and it was a little trickier this year. He really made them think, with this set of clues.
Too much work, or something really caught up to me, and I ended up falling asleep on the couch for a while. Remarkably they left me there, and so I got caught up on my ZZZZ's. Felt much better.
I cleared 200 points on Pokerroom.com last night. I'm halfway to the chips! I also got my bonus $20. Unfortunately before that I suffered getting my set of Jacks on the flop busted by a straight. Despite raises, the guy stayed in with a 5-6...I know...but they were SUITED. That cost me about $15. I played my first SNG on Pokerroom too, and of course finished 4th. grrrrrrr. Big stack, once again, dumped off chips to the one guy who would/should have gone out next. BUT, it happens. So, the $20 was just sympathy, and put me back where I started for the day. In fact I was a couple of dollars up. I'm still hovering in the $150 range. Maybe the UB curse won't strike me on this site. The one, that kept me from ever cracking $200. Cross your fingers for me.
I should finish getting ready, now, we'll be leaving soon.

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: