Monday, April 24, 2006

HPT Freeroll #8...

The HomePokerTourney.com Freeroll #8 was held last night beginning at 10:15pm on ParadisePoker.com. The wife didn't raise too many objections, so I opted to play in it, even past my bedtime. There were 84 people who showed up to play. I made it to the final table and took down the #7 spot. This was a $200 freeroll, and I ended up with $10.50 of the prize pool. My pocket eights just didn't hold up. I was the short stack, w/Blinds at 400-800, and 50 ante, I was about to come up way short, and this was the first pair I'd seen in a while. The pocket rockets earlier were very good to me! I got called by one of the BIG stacks, I think it was "CHRIP," who called with a J-6 suited. He caught a Jack on the flop and a 6 on the river. But I had a blast. Got to play with a lot of the people I think of as friends on the HPT forum. So for me it was a win. Now, I've got money on Paradise Poker again! What to do, what to do?

There are 5 DAYS til VEGAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: