Saturday, April 01, 2006

Items of note...

Today was the first day of Youth Baseball season. I'm helping coach again this year. Last year I was a TeeBall coach, but this is a little different. It's becoming more demanding on the kids, with each passing year. Competition seems to become the focus, rather than "fun for the kids." While I'll continue to be there for my son, and help out I doubt that I'll continue on coaching at much higher than this current level. All in all though, practice was great tonight. The kids really gave it everything they had. Really a great team.
I had to call Charter Communications today. My internet connection here at home has been down due to DNS problems. After a lengthy stay on the phone listening to MUZAK, I finally spoke to a human being. At first it was the same song and dance routine, but I finally got across to her that I knew a thing or two about computers. She finally provided me with an internal DNS server address to point to and now I'm surfing just fine. More to the point I'm playing cards again! Bodog.com hasn't been as kind this evening but I'm still above my initial investment. So it's still a good thing. Still doing the SNG thing, but too many bad calls from others are paying off with the suck-out. The tide will change. Just gotta stay the course.
Tonight is the night we lose an hour, and I've gotta be a work at 10:30 on a Sunday for maintenance activities on the servers.
I'm in my last SNG of the night, but it's a $10. If I do well, I can make up some lost ground. Cross your fingers for me. Yes, my life is sad!

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: