Friday, April 14, 2006

I'm a little on the grumpy side...

Today's been a long day for me. Far too many problems, not nearly enough solutions. Today was to be marred by working on an Emergency Change request for one of our Franchise Customers, but I'd taken care of the prep work, and got the paperwork rolling forward so I thought, or at least hoped it'd go pretty smoothly. The change was to go in at 1:00 today...at 4:30 this evening we were still troubleshooting, when we found the solution to our problem. Turns out a routing entry in the proxy had been left out, and was not allowing communication...to...well communicate. The server firmly tucked away deep inside the permiter was unable to get out to establish its required connection. The clock was ticking and the customer was beginning to get on edge. Once that was discovered everything just started to fall into place. I actually worked on a lot of other different things today, and felt like I contributed quite well to the team. I also got a lot of my own access squared away today, so maybe for all the pain, today was a turnaround day for me.
But on to important things. I playing poker right now...again...as usual...
When I first got home, the kids had the computer tied up so I waited patiently for them to finish. Then I anxiously log on and start playing, and less than 2 accumulated points later, I've already dropped $10! grrrr...Walk away, find something else to do, watch a very stupid movie. Come back, start up again...3 hand in I stay in w/ pocket J's...flop gives me a set, w/a King on the board. I bet, get raised, I call. Turn is another K! My boat holds water...and gets me $22. That's how it's supposed to work! Points just keep racking up.
In other news today, I think I'll be losing my boss, to another office. Upper management has decided to play "Musical Managers" for a while. Not that I dislike some of the options that I could get, but I have a great deal of respect and loyalty to the boss I've got now, and he's one of the big reasons I took my curent position. Guess you can't have it all.
2 weeks left til VEGAS!

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: