Wednesday, June 03, 2009

WSOP 2009 Events 4-10 updates and me bein' me

As of NOW... Event 4 - $1,000 No Limit Hold'em | Day 4 is down to 3 of the intial 6,012 players, with Steve Sung WAY out in front in chips and seemingly NO ONE wanting to get involved. But I'm a firm believer in a DonkFest! Let's just say it "stimulates" me... Thank you for your indulgence in the use and abuse of "quotation marks" and "periods..." If you weren't indulging... BITE ME. Oh wait... "ALL CAPS TOO..." : ) Wish I knew some of these guys, and were hangin' in Vegas to frolic in the after party. BWOP... me and Uncle June would drag u in to the idiocy that would surely ensue. Ah, but I digress. Who, am I kiddin' though you'd fleece us both.

In Event 5 - $1,500 Pot Limit Omaha | Day 3, Jason Mercier has finally taken down the WIN and the bracelet! 22-years-old with a bracelet, and according to "change100" 2 EPT trophies too... he can't wear his hat straight! I kidding, I kidding, why u not know joke. Seriously, it is a young poker world. Mr. Mercier, takes home $237,415 for his efforts and the shiny WSOP bracelet. Congratulations.

Okay, in a grandaddy type event... Event 6 - $10,000 World Championship Seven Card Stud | Day 3 (defined as $10K-ish+) there remain a mere 5 of the intial 142 players. Sadly, Misters Mueller, Phan, Lisandro, and Negreanu fell... and in that order. Currently, Freddie Ellis is on top... stay tuned, glory, some jewelry and $373,744 remains to be claimed.

Man... I'm such a sarcastic bastard when I've been drinking.

In Event 7 - $1,500 No Limit Hold'em | Day 2 there are still 163 of the initial 2,791 players remaining. Just too many to get too excited over, although top prize of $666,853 is nothing to sneeze at. Still looks to be Victor Greeley in the chip lead.

In Event 8 - $2,500 No Limit Deuce to Seven Draw... I'm at least happy to see that some of my favorite folks (that I've never met) cashed... E-Dog, Greenstein, and the lovely Vanessa Rousso, all got $4,094 to parlay into the next poker event at least. But dammit guys it was Vanessa... honestly, how could u?!? (ahhh and no love for phil HELLmouth.) Like I said, drinking... and LOVIN' it!

Event 9 - $1,500 Six-handed No Limit Hold'em | Day 1, theoretically has 318 of the 1,459 remaining in the hunt for the WSOP bracelet. Among them, remain Joe Sebok, Dario Minieri, Mike Caro, and Carlos Mortensen for me to watch for at the very least. Still a LONG way off to getting paid.

Looks like "SHAMUS" has a long-ish night ahead in Event 10 - $2,500 Pot Limit Hold'em/Omaha | Day 1. As always though, I look forward to a bit o' the irish reportin' of the action! Thanks for the great job that we know you'll do, Shamus!!!

Time to call it quits... at least for me, here on the East Coast-ish. Thanks to all the PokerNews.com reporters!

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: